Friday 17 February 2012

Not So Veggie

Yesterday my first ever Meatbox from Riverford Organics arrived. We've still got lots of vegetables and fruit left form last week's box but I've been wanting to try out a meat box for months. Since I wasn't quite sure what to expect (even though it's quite detailed on the website!)  I settled on the Quick and Easy box with meat that can be cooked with minimum hassle for maximum enjoyment.

The box arrives as a sealed cardboard box and once opened has wool (in plastic) as a natural insulator surrounding reusable cool packs and the meat. Because reusing is even better than recycling you're asked to keep the packaging and cool packs and return them at your next delivery so they can be used again.

This week's box contained
  • 4 beef burgers 440g
  • 2 chicken breasts 300g
  • 2 pork shoulder steaks 450g
  • 6 pork sausages 450g
  • 2 beef grilling steaks 400g
and cost £29.95, but considering its all British, quite local and organic that's not bad. I don't know how long this lot will last us but the freezer's nice and full again and I'm looking forward to finding out. I'll let you know in a few weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment