Friday 2 March 2012

Meat and Two Veg

With the first day of March came a lovely sunny day, feeling more like summer than spring or winter really, and also our new meat and veg boxes. 

This week was our biggest order yet, instead of a set meat box I just ordered enough to be over the minimum spend of £25, it was fun choosing between all the different products! We also had our ususla veg box and a few fruity extras.

The parcel I retrieved from the yard when I got home yesterday contained:

  • Big joint of pork
  • 8 chipolata sausages
  • Beef chunks for stewing#
  • Butternut Squash
  • Potatoes
  • Onions (Lots)
  • Carrots (Lots)
  • Peppers
  • Spring Greens
  • Sweede
  • Tomatoes
  • Apples
  • Fairtrade bananas (My Fairtrade buy of the day)
Lots of yummy organic ingredients to turn into great meals for the week ahead.
I haven't had time to research Fairtrade bananas yet but I'll post another blog later on the day especially for this extra special Fairtrade fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment